- current level one registration on the NMC professional register (part one or part two)
- a minimum of a year’s post-registration experience
- DipHE in Nursing
- Applicants without a DipHE may gain entry to the programme by evidencing 120 credits at level 4 and 120 credits at level 5 either through study or RPEL, against this programme's stated level 4 and 5 learning outcomes
- Students who wish to undertake V300 Independent and Supplementary Non-Medical Prescribing (NMP) as part of the PgDip Specialist Community Practitioner Community Children's Nursing Programme must have at least one years’ post registration experience. Students wishing to undertake this module must also be deemed competent by, and obtain permission and support from their employer.
- RPL is accepted on this programme
- Satisfactory DBS and references required
Months of entry
- Study for a recorded qualification in Community Children’s Nursing.
- Learn from expert nurses and specialists on this contemporary programme.
- Benefit from a curriculum praised for its enhanced practice perspective and ‘outstanding’ fitness for practice from the NMC
- Have your professional competencies, as set out by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC), assessed in theory and practice
- Experience 17.5 or 22 weeks (dependent on the length of your programme) of practical placements
- This course will only run subject to minimum numbers
This course is currently undergoing its scheduled programme review, which may impact the advertised modules. Programme review is a standard part of the University’s approach to quality assurance and enhancement, enabling us to ensure that our courses remain up to date and maintain their high standard and relevancy.
Once the review is completed, this course website page will be updated to reflect any approved changes to the advertised course. These approved changes will also be communicated to those who apply for the course to ensure they wish to proceed with their application.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Please see the course page for more information.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 0151 231 5090