Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Entry requirementsYou will need:
- a minimum 2.2 honours degree in a relevant discipline, such as Biology, Zoology and Animal Biology, Pharmacy, Biochemistry, Ecological Sciences, Molecular and Cellular Biology, Genetics, or Microbiology
- equivalent professional qualifications and experience – candidates will be interviewed by members of the programme team.
If you have any specific queries, please contact email@example.com
Months of entry
Explore the molecular, cellular, physiological and ecological mechanisms underlying the maintenance of health and development of disease in plants, animals and humans.
- Develop your knowledge using cutting-edge technologies, research and student-led learning methods
- Benefit from strong practical teaching and assessment methods and prepare for a career in research or health-related fields
- Learn from research-active staff who are experts in their field
- Experience the study of health and disease in a holistic biological context
- Conduct a research project covering the full ‘research arc’ from study conception to dissemination
The programme explores health and disease in a broad biological context, from molecular mechanisms to the eco-epidemiology of infections, or the biology of food security. This approach will equip you with knowledge of a range of disciplines while a strong practical focus on relevant techniques and real-life scenarios will provide key transferable skills for you to produce and present scientific data effectively.
The Biology of Health and Disease goes beyond the traditional view of symptoms-treatment. A wide diversity of organisms, from plant to invertebrates to mammals and humans, are key components of the programme.
Information for international students
- IELTS 6.5 (minimum 6.0 in each component)
- Pearson 58-64 (minimum 51 in each component for UKVI purposes)
Fees and funding
Please see the LJMU website for details.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Subject Enquiries