- Candidates will be required to have academic qualifications commensurate with entry to postgraduate study, and be able to demonstrate an aptitude for scientific study. Candidates would normally be expected to have a good honours degree (i.e., upper second or first) in sport science, science or a related discipline.
- IELTS score of 6.5 (minimum of 5.5 in each component)
- RPL is accepted on this programme
- International students applying to study a full-time taught Masters, MRes, Mphil or PhD at LJMU should check if they require an Academic Technology Approval Scheme or ATAS certificate. International students entering on a Tier 4 visa cannot study part time. Please contact LJMU’s International Admissions Team for further details
- The majority of the placements offered by this programme will require a DBS check
Months of entry
The Clinical Exercise Physiology MSc focuses on the practical application of research, including an introduction to phlebotomy and immediate life support.
- Choose this course developed by world-leading academics in our pioneering School of Sport and Exercise Sciences
- Benefit from a small class size - student numbers are capped at 20 for this highly competitive course to give you dedicated access to staff and facilities
- Use state-of-the-art laboratories in our award-winning Tom Reilly Building
- Enjoy a combination of invaluable practical experience (including a substantial clinical placement) and theoretical learning
- Access cutting-edge equipment, including 12-lead ECG and cardiopulmonary stress exercise testing equipment. We also house several ultrasound machines echocardiography and vascular physiology and we are world leaders in utilising this equipment in a practical-based setting
- Look forward to enhanced job opportunities in NHS and private clinical physiology
- We are currently applying for accreditation with The Registration Council for Clinical Physiologists (RCCP). Once this has been achieved, if you pass the Clinical Assessment of Competencies module alongside all of the other MSc Clinical Exercise Physiology modules, you can automatically apply for RCCP registration.
There has never been a more exciting time to undertake an MSc in Clinical Exercise Physiology. Exercise now represents one of the worlds major businesses and scientists have an increasingly prominent role in working with healthy and clinical populations to maintain healthy lifestyles and reduce disease.
This Masters programme is ideal if you want to go on to specialise in exercise physiology in a clinical setting. The course provides a detailed knowledge of physiology applied to clinical contexts, but is also designed to extend your knowledge beyond 'classical' exercise physiology studies and into novel techniques and theories underpinning exercise physiology and health.
You will gain extensive practical experience in key physiology laboratory tests such as ECG and cardiopulmonary testing. You will also develop a good understanding of modern and novel ultrasound assessments of cardiovascular function. Academic development is provided in fundamental scientific techniques including research methods, statistical analysis and scientific communication.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Please see the course page or more information.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquries
- 0151 231 5090