Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
You will need:
- a minimum 2:2 honours degree in Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry, and Microbiology or related Science disciplines
- IELTS requirements 6.5 (Min. 5.5 in each component)
- Pearson 58-64 (minimum 51 in each component for UKVI purposes)
- RPL is accepted on this programme
- All international qualifications are subject to a qualification equivalency check via NARIC If you have applied to study a full-time taught Masters, MRes, MPhil or PhD at LJMU, you should check if you require an Academic Technology Approval Scheme or ATAS certificate. Contact LJMU’s International Admissions Team for guidance
If you have any specific queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Months of entry
LJMU’s Cosmetic Science MSc provides postgraduates with expertise in formulation, testing and regulations relating to the UK and global cosmetics industry.
- Study on the UK’s only Cosmetic Science MSc, designed in consultation with industry
- Learn from a research active, academic team within one of the oldest and well-established schools of pharmacy in the world
- Discover key modules taught by world-renowned academics involved in the EU Horizon Cosmos Project, with a strong emphasis on the safety assessment of cosmetic products
- Undertake research projects with potential industry partners and academic research groups, including: Formulation and Drug Delivery Group, Chemoinformatics Research Group and Biomedical Science Research Group
- Enhance your knowledge of cosmetic products and gain hands-on laboratory experience
- Develop an in-depth understanding of safety and regulatory requirements
- Acquire business knowledge and skills to create and launch new cosmetic products
The MSc Cosmetic Science has been designed to introduce new concepts, ideas and methods to students, whilst also encouraging them to become more independent thinkers.
Information for international students
Please note: All international qualifications are subject to a qualification equivalency check via NARIC.
Fees and funding
Please see the course page for more information.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 0151 231 5090