You will need:
- a good honours degree in a science-related discipline; or
- equivalent professional qualifications and experience.
Months of entry
Gain hands-on lab experience, carry out novel research and enjoy excellent employment prospects on the MSc Drug Discovery, Development and Delivery.
- Explore the process of discovery and development of new drugs and the quality control aspect of the pharmaceutical industry as you train to become a qualified pharmaceutical scientist
- Gain hands-on experience in relevant laboratory techniques with a 12 week research project
- Benefit from LJMU's £12 million investment in state-of-the-art laboratory facilities
- Enjoy excellent graduate employment prospects
This new course has been developed in association with industry leaders and promotes a critical awareness of the most recent advances in the field of Drug Discovery, Development and Delivery.
This programme is aimed at chemists and graduates with a chemistry background who have a passion for drug creation and at industrialists interested in moving newly developed drugs into the mass manufacturing arena. The course offers an integrated, stimulating and challenging programme of study, informed by contemporary research and responsive to the changing nature of the pharmaceutical industry.
Experienced course tutors offer specialist training in preparation for careers in the diverse areas of the pharmaceutical industry.
You will learn to use industry-standard apparatuses, including chromatographic equipment and spectrometers, tableting and particle sizing equipment, computing laboratory, molecular modelling software and thermal analysis equipment – including dynamic differential scanning calorimetry – plus chromatography, LC-MS and NMR instruments.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Faculty of Science