You will need:
- a good honours degree in a science-related discipline; or
- equivalent professional qualifications and experience.
Months of entry
Gain hands-on lab experience, carry out novel research and enjoy excellent employment prospects on the MSc Drug Discovery, Development and Delivery.
- Explore the process of discovery and development of new drugs and the quality control aspect of the pharmaceutical industry as you train to become a qualified pharmaceutical scientist
- Gain hands-on experience in relevant laboratory techniques with a 12 week research project
- Benefit from LJMU's £12 million investment in state-of-the-art laboratory facilities
- Enjoy excellent graduate employment prospects
This new course has been developed in association with industry leaders and promotes a critical awareness of the most recent advances in the field of Drug Discovery, Development and Delivery.
This programme is aimed at chemists and graduates with a chemistry background who have a passion for drug creation and at industrialists interested in moving newly developed drugs into the mass manufacturing arena. The course offers an integrated, stimulating and challenging programme of study, informed by contemporary research and responsive to the changing nature of the pharmaceutical industry.
Experienced course tutors offer specialist training in preparation for careers in the diverse areas of the pharmaceutical industry.
You will learn to use industry-standard apparatuses, including chromatographic equipment and spectrometers, tableting and particle sizing equipment, computing laboratory, molecular modelling software and thermal analysis equipment – including dynamic differential scanning calorimetry – plus chromatography, LC-MS and NMR instruments.
Information for international students
- IELTS score 6.5 (minimum 5.5 in each component)
- Pearson 58-64 (minimum 51 in each component for UKVI purposes)
- International students should check if they require an Academic Technology Approval Scheme or ATAS certificate. Please contact LJMU’s International Admissions Team for further details
If you have any specific queries, please contact email@example.com
Please note: All international qualifications are subject to a qualification equivalency check via NARIC.
Fees and funding
Please see the LJMU website for details.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Faculty of Science