If you have an undergraduate degree: Minimum classification required: 2.2 Subject area(s): Biology, Conservation, Animal Behaviour, Zoology, Ecology Plus you must provide a satisfactory reference from a suitable person, such as your employer or line manager If you have non-standard qualifications: Experience is accepted on a case by case basis If you do not have an honours degree in a relevant subject area your application may still be considered Professional experience, publications, written reports, CPD activities and other suitable evidence of accomplishment will be taken into account. You will also be interviewed by the Programme Leader Plus you must provide a satisfactory reference from a suitable person, such as your employer or line manager
Months of entry
Course contentLiverpool John Moores University offers the opportunity to study the UK's only Masters degree focusing on cutting edge developments in the use of UAVs (aka drones) for primate behaviour and conservation research. You will be taught by world-leading experts and have access to excellent facilities in the UK and research sites overseas.
- Complete this masters degree in one year (full time)
- Delivered by world experts in the field of primate behaviour, welfare and conservation
- Overseas field trip to practice and develop advanced skills in behavioural observation, non-invasive sampling of health and welfare indicators and conservation monitoring
- State-of-the-art teaching and laboratory facilities (including genetics, drone and GIS facilities)
- Opportunity to design and complete a primate field study abroad using the latest software packages, such as ArcGIS, R, Distance
You will learn how to convert an idea for a research study into a practical plan, including how to:
- identify field sites and funding sources
- write a grant proposal (from funding experts)
- make a budget
- think through the logistical issues of conducting research in challenging environments
Your lectures and seminars will be delivered by world experts in the field of primate behaviour and conservation. The quality of research and teaching during the course mean that you will graduate with cutting edge knowledge and access to a host of international professional networks.
Information for international students
LJMU will be awarding a range of generous international scholarships for students enrolling at the University in September. Please contact LJMU’s International Team by visiting www.ljmu.ac.uk/study/international-students for more information and advice.
Fees and funding
Please contact the Faculty of Science for up to date information regarding fees. The Faculty can be contacted by email at ScienceAdmissions@ljmu.ac.uk or telephone 0151 231 2888
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 0151 231 5090