- a minimum 2:1 in Sport Science, Dietetics or Nutrition.
- another relevant degree and/or considerable applied experience.
- practical applied experience in sports nutrition and/or an obvious desire to pursue a career in sports nutrition
- RPL is accepted on this programme
- IELTS score 6.5 (minimum 5.5 in each component)
- International students should check if they require an Academic Technology Approval Scheme or ATAS certificate. Please contact LJMU’s International Admissions Team for further details
Months of entry
LJMU's Sport Nutrition MSc is taught by academics dedicated to researching athlete-centred nutrition and extending contemporary understanding of exercise metabolism.
- Experience a unique blend of theoretical science and applied skills taught by world leading academics engaged in nutritional consultancy with world leading sports organisations
- Learn from staff who provide nutrition support to Premiership Football, Super League Rugby League, European Rugby Union, professional golfers, professional jockeys, professional and amateur boxers, Team Sky Cycling, British Ski and Snowboard, Professional and Track Cycling, UK Anti Doping and many more
- Study on a course which is accredited by SENr and allows graduates direct entry onto the SENr Graduate register
- Take an ISAK body composition qualification
- Undertake an applied placement mentored by academic staff engaged in applied consultancy
The Sports Nutrition MSc at LJMU opens up a world of scientific innovation, research and the related application of specially designed nutritional support that can help sportspeople to overcome setbacks and achieve their goals.
To be a successful Sport Nutritionist we believe it is essential to study and understand classical and contemporary exercise metabolism research, and then translate this information into athlete-centered nutrition advice.
On this Masters course you will learn to make decisions in complex and unpredictable situations, and you will ultimately contribute to the essential support framework demanded by the sport industry for success. The programme opens up a world of scientific innovation, research and the related application of specially designed nutritional support that can help sportspeople to overcome setbacks and achieve their goals.
On successful completion of the course, you will understand how to deal with complex issues within nutrition, both systematically and creatively, and make sound judgements in the absence of incomplete data. You will also develop essential skills in communicating and implementing your recommendations for clients as well as specialist and non-specialist audiences.
Information for international students
Please note: All international qualifications are subject to a qualification equivalency check via NARIC.
Further information is also available from our international web pages.
Fees and funding
Please see the course page for more information.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 0151 231 5090