Entry requirements (Home)
Months of entry
This course is ideal for those who would like to learn how to enhance their business or contribute to organisational growth by learning scale up approaches and gaining a greater understanding of the key factors that enable business growth.
- Course designed in response to government and local ambitions for business growth
- Complete the course over 24 months part-time
- Start your studies in September or January
- Learn the key factors that enable business growth
- Enjoy extra flexibility and fit your studies around your existing commitments with part of the course taught via block learning
- Benefit from course content and teaching informed by proprietary business research and academics' close links to business
A 'scale-up' is an enterprise that is experiencing significant growth rates in employees and turnover, over a number of years (gov.uk).
Nationally, scale-up businesses have been identified as a priority area, recognised by the appointment of a scale up champion in Government who aims to increase the number of businesses maximising opportunities to reach their growth potential. This will feed into the government's Industrial Strategy.
An MBA equips a manager to have a broad and rich understanding of business and how to manage effectively. This scale up MBA focuses on the key areas a business would need to investigate in order to assess the scale up potential. The course combines the key management disciplines from the key QAA and CMI benchmark statements with recent national research on the drivers of business scale up.
The MBA Business Scale up is structured in three phases, beginning with the first phase, which provides an intensive focused range of interventions aimed at realising the potential of growth within businesses. Stages two and three then draw upon these areas to analyse ideas and develop them further in order to plan and enable accelerated growth.
Students will have one three-day block of study per month.
Information for international students
Please note: this programme is not suitable for students who require a Tier 4 visa. Due to immigration requirements, Tier 4 international students must study on a full-time basis.
Fees and funding
Please see the course page for more information.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Liverpool Business School