- a minimum 2:2 honours degree
- an equivalent professional qualification
- current employment in the tourism, leisure or hospitality sector and the aptitude and motivation to work at masters level
- RPL is accepted on this programme
- IELTS 6.5 (minimum 5.5 in each component)
- Pearson 58-64 (minimum 51 in each component for UKVI purposes)
Months of entry
Course contentLJMU's International Tourism Management MSc develops the knowledge and skills to work in this fast-paced sector, calling on extensive links with the tourism industry.
- Study on a course recognised by the Tourism Management Institute (TMI)
- Study global tourism in the heart of Liverpool – a thriving, cosmopolitan city with its own multi-million pound tourist industry
- Develop the knowledge and skills required by management professionals in the international tourism sector
- Benefit from industry speakers and placement opportunities
- Discover current and emerging sector developments through the programme's wide-ranging links with the tourism industry
- Enjoy excellent career opportunities in the public and private sectors in tourism, leisure and hospitality
Our MSc in Tourism is a flexible programme designed for new graduates and those already working in the tourism, leisure and hospitality sectors.
As with previous Tourism Masters courses, the MSc is expected to attract students from all parts of the globe including the UK, Africa, America and China. Such varied cohorts enrich the learning process, bringing together different experiences and facilitating informed discussion and knowledge sharing.
Employability and career progression is a key objective of the course. The curriculum builds the knowledge, critical analysis and research skills required to work in global tourism management.
Trips to tourism organisations and talks by guest lecturers and industry professionals give you an insider’s view of the sector. A solid grounding in management sciences equips you for a variety of careers and, as learning is directly informed by the latest developments, you will champion contemporary practice.
Led by expert tutors actively engaged in research and consultancy work nationally and internationally, this eagerly-anticipated Masters will cover a host of key topics. You will study the globalisation of tourism services, management and leadership practice, resource management, global tourism marketing and strategic planning.
This course is recognised by the Tourism Management Institute (TMI). TMI is the professional body for destination management practitioners, with members drawn from all levels of the private and public sectors: national, regional, sub regional and local. TMI seeks to support professional development within the sector, for potential entrants as well as existing practitioners.
Assessment and recognition by TMI means that students can be confident the course will provide them with knowledge, understanding, skills and experience which will fully prepare them for a career in tourism destination management.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Please see the course page for more information.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 0151 231 5090