You will need:
- a minimum 2:1 honours degree in a relevant subject (including 2:1 for the written component of a practice-based programme)
- proof that you have undertaken research directly or indirectly related to the proposed MPhil project
Alternative qualifications will be considered on merit with research and experience taken into consideration.
Months of entry
LJMU's Design Discourse MPhil is a unique research degree for researchers, designers, writers, curators, historians and interdisciplinary cultural studies practitioners.
- Study at the Liverpool School of Art and Design
- Develop a distinctive research-based project
- Benefit from the internationally renowned, interdisciplinary research expertise of staff, professors and advisers
- Work in a unique collaborative environment for postgraduate students
- Benefit from unique facilities for design research and practice
This programme offers the opportunity to undertake advanced research in areas relating to a wide range of design practices, design discourse and critical writing. The programme can focus solely on critical theory, resulting in a written thesis OR comprise a written thesis with practice-based artefacts relating to the critical theory.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44(0) 151 231 5090