Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
You will need:
- a minimum 2:2 Honours degree
- a current practitioner role
- a reference from your current employer
- IELTS score of 6.5 (minimum 6.0 in each component) or equivalent
Months of entry
This dynamic programme appeals to practitioners in education, learning and development and to those working in roles where coaching and mentoring are key assets.
- Study on a programme suited to a wide range of professional roles in areas such as education, nursing, social care, policing and more
- Explore and critique models and theories of coaching and develop your understanding and confidence as a mentor/coach
- Learn from practice-informed academics
- Enjoy a rich learning environment with a diverse range of fellow students
- Develop the skills required to work in multi-professional, inter-agency and global contexts
- Fit your studies around your work and home life
- Undertake work relevant assessments
Focusing first on self reflection, then on partnership in practice and finally in wider group work, this transformative programme is rooted in soft skills and communication methods.
All too often key skills such as listening, questioning, providing feedback and reading body language are overlooked, impeding our ability to mentor or coach successfully. This programme features three modules which explore self reflection and action thus enabling you to assess your existing skills and build on them to move forward.
The programme develops your understanding of traditional and modern coaching and mentoring theories and is informed by practice and research in the field. You will challenge the way you work with colleagues and other stakeholders including service users and will evaluate new ideas, applying additional techniques to your own practice.
Enabling you to enrich and develop key skills and knowledge, the programme promotes career progression. This will enable you to improve your people development skills, take a more effective leadership stance in your practice, expand into a leadership role or strengthen your CV.
Information for international students
Please note: All international qualifications are subject to a qualification equivalency check via NARIC.
Fees and funding
Please see the LJMU website for details.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries