You will be required to have:
- a lower second class honours degree (or above) or overseas equivalent
- Mathematics GCSE at grade C (grade 4 from 2017) or above (or equivalent)
- completed our University Certificate in Psychology for Graduates (by Distance Learning) course or obtained 60 credits in any combination of biological, cognitive, developmental, personality and social psychology, and research methods (including statistics) with another institution
All applicants must be able to demonstrate proficiency in the English language. Applicants who require a Tier 4 student visa may need to provide a Secure English Language Test (SELT) such as Academic IELTS. For more information about English qualifications please see our English language requirements.
Months of entry
This MSc in Applied Psychology offers a broad curriculum in psychology as is designed for non-psychology graduates and graduates with non-accredited psychology degrees who wish to qualify for Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC) with the British Psychological Society (BPS). It covers the British Psychological Society's GBC (Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership) curriculum and offers option modules in applied psychology. In the most recent (2014-15) Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education (DLHE) survey, 100% of graduates from this course were in work or further study within six months.
- Cognitive and Developmental Psychology;
- Individual Differences and Social Psychology;
- Further Research Methods
- Research Methods and Biological Psychology
- MSc Dissertation
Two to be chosen from
- Forensic Psychology;
- Work and Business Psychology
After completion of this conversion degree, you’ll qualify for a Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership with the British Psychological Society (BPS). This will allow you to progress to a postgraduate professional training programme in an area of psychology including forensic, clinical, health, educational, occupational and counselling psychology.
Information for international students
All applicants must be able to demonstrate proficiency in the English language. Applicants who require a Tier 4 student visa may need to provide a Secure English Language Test (SELT) such as Academic IELTS.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions Office
- +44 (0)20 7133 4202