You will be required to have:
- a good honours degree (or equivalent)
Students with lower qualifications but substantial relevant experience in a related area of employment such as the design, media and communications industry are also encouraged to apply. These applicants will be asked to provide a written summary of their work history demonstrating its relationship to the aims of the course.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate proficiency in the English language
Months of entry
Why study this course?
Over the past few years, career opportunities in the digital media sector have increased dramatically. The interactive media industry is reaching maturity and needs qualified professionals able to offer a diverse range of expertise. This Digital Media MA course addresses those needs and is designed to provide you with skills in interactive media content creation, interactive design, digital media production, social media management, digital media project and account management. In the most recent (2014-15) Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education (DLHE) survey, 100% of graduates from this course were in work or further study within six months.
More about this course
This professionally-oriented course will appeal to graduates with an interest in digital media, experienced professionals from the design, media, public relations and marketing sector wishing to retrain for a career change or promotion, and those wishing to progress towards research and PhD studies.
The Masters in Digital Media addresses issues in interactive design, interactive media, the internet and its applications, digital solutions for the industry and the public sector, usability design, effective digital media project management, digital audiences and audience research, social media management, digital media strategy, digital interactive television, mobile communications, and new media ownership.
The course will provide skills in the relevant multimedia software.
You will learn how to:
- assess and select the appropriate tools to produce a digital media project
- produce digital media projects using the appropriate software applications
- research and analyse the current issues and future developments in digital media, social media, media communications and e-solutions
- manage digital media projects and production teams
- produce digital media and social media strategies
- appreciate the complexity of the international digital media and creative industries and communicate effectively in a media professional environment
- apply research, design and management skills to the production of new media projects
The School of Computing and Digital Media's memberhip of TIGA means those with a particular interest in the Principles of Game Design module will find additional chances to develop their knowledge and industry connections.
Assessment methods include interactive projects, design portfolios, presentations, essays, examinations and reports.
Core modules include:
· Digital Media Project Management (core, 20 credits)
· Principles of Digital Media (core, 20 credits)
· Digital Project (alternative core, 60 credits)
Option modules include:
· Digital Storytelling (option, 20 credits)
· Digital Video Production (option, 20 credits)
· Multimedia Journalism (option, 20 credits)
Please refer to the course page on the London Met website for the full list of modules.
After the course
The course is particularly suited to students looking to work in: web design; UX design, interactive media production; digital video production; new media project management and account handling; consultancy and policy advice in the area of digital media and communication technology; social media management; digital media strategy, training and research in related fields; electronic publishing; online journalism and broadcasting; administration, management and research in digital media, digital advertising and marketing and digital information industries.
Information for international students
All applicants must be able to demonstrate proficiency in the English language. Applicants who require a Tier 4 student visa may need to provide a Secure English Language Test (SELT) such as Academic IELTS. For more information about English qualifications please see our English language requirements.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions Office
- +44 (0)20 7133 4202