Successful applicant will normally be expected to have: A good honours degree or equivalent. Students with lower qualifications but substantial relevant experience in a related area of employment, such as the design, media and communications industry, are also encouraged to apply. These applicants will be asked to provide a written summary of their work history demonstrating its relationship to the aims of the course.
Months of entry
- assess and select the appropriate tools to produce a digital media project
- produce digital media projects using the appropriate software applications
- research and analyse the current issues and future developments in digital media, social media and e-solutions
- manage digital media projects and production teams
- appreciate the complexity of the international digital media and creative industries and communicate effectively in a media professional environment
- apply research, design and management skills to the production of new media projects
- Principles of Digital Media
- New Media Management
- Digital Project/Dissertation
- Digital Media Work Placement
- Design for the Internet
- E-Solutions and Digital Media Applications
- Digital Video Production
- Principles of Game Design
- Responsive Environments
- 3D Animation for Multimedia
- Information Society
- Multimedia Journalism
- Fundamentals of Screenwriting
- Media Audiences
The Project/Dissertation is equivalent to three modules and is submitted at the end of the course. Research sessions and Project/Dissertation workshops are provided.
Teaching methods include lectures and seminar discussions, computer lab workshops, on-line learning materials and tutorials.
Assessment methods include interactive projects, design portfolios, presentations, essays, examinations and reports.
Information for international students
All applicants must be able to demonstrate proficiency in the English language. Applicants who require a Tier 4 student visa may need to provide a Secure English Language Test (SELT) such as Academic IELTS. For more information about English qualifications please see our English language requirements.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions Office
- 020 7133 4202