You should have a good honours degree or overseas equivalent, or an appropriate professional qualification. Some background knowledge of law is useful, but a degree in law is not essential. English Language requirements If English is not your first language, an IELTS score of 6.5 (including a minimum of 6.0 in each component) or equivalent is normally required.
Months of entry
This stimulating and rewarding course is designed for individuals who currently work in the international oil, gas and energy industries or who wish to embark on careers in that industry. The postgraduate diploma course is taught over 12 months. It comprises an introductory module and six core modules. Each module gives a thorough grounding in a key area of law as it relates to the oil, gas and energy industry. The core modules refer to aspects of law covered in other modules, bringing together in a coherent way the subject areas that comprise “international oil, gas and energy law”.
- develop your academic knowledge and awareness of issues in international oil, gas and energy law
- increase your understanding of the legal dimension to activities taking place in the oil, gas and energy law and the extent to which they might give rise to legal issues
- focus on the practical application of the law
- benefit from expertise of tutors with strong relevant backgrounds in the academic world and in legal practice with a number practising as barristers or solicitors.
Information for international students
All applicants must be able to demonstrate proficiency in the English language. Applicants who require a Tier 4 student visa may need to provide an IELTS score of 6.5.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Informa Professional Academy
- +44 (0) 20 7017 4940