A 2:1 degree or equivalent in any discipline.
Months of entry
Organised jointly by LSE and Peking University (PKU), this double master’s degree offers an outstanding opportunity to study the international relations of China and the Asia Pacific region, as well as the theory and history of global international relations.
This programme will be ideal for graduate students and young professionals. You will spend your first year at the School of International Studies at Peking University, and the second year at LSE. It will allow you to:
- experience a full academic programme in both China and Europe
- take courses in both the International Relations Department and the Department of International History at LSE
- combine an empirical and a theoretical approach to contemporary international affairs
- study in small seminar groups of no more than 15 students
- engage at an advanced level with the latest academic research and undertake your own research-based term work and dissertations
The programme provides an excellent preparation for careers in academia, business or consulting, government or international agencies, the media, politics and law.
The courses in London will be taught in English, while those in Beijing will be taught in Chinese or English, giving students a choice about which language they want to use for their studies.
All applicants apply via LSE. This includes applicants from the People’s Republic of China, and areas of Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and PKU students.
Once you successfully complete your studies at both institutions, you will be conferred Master Degree of Law and Master Degree of Sciences by PKU and LSE respectively.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Student Recruitment Office
- +44 (0)20 7955 6613