This is a master's degree for mid-career level professionals/civil servants who have spent several years in full-time employment and have previously achieved a good first degree in politics, history, international relations or similar disciplines at undergraduate level.
Months of entry
This executive programme is organised and managed by LSE IDEAS|, the centre for International Affairs, Diplomacy and Strategy. The programme offers the following benefits:
- Study within a group of professionals in a leading world centre for the subject, situated in the only UK institution devoted to the social sciences, and in a thriving research community
- Intellectual input from leading LSE academics in the field of strategy and diplomacy
- Involvement from senior policy practitioners on core analytical issues
- In-depth focus on the complex threats and risks of the contemporary international landscape
- Unique emphasis on how to address the national and trans-national challenges of the future
- Opportunity for active student participation in a small group environment
- International networking with LSE IDEAS's academic and professional contacts
The Executive MSc International Strategy and Diplomacy examines the changing and confusing global landscape created by the fundamental shifts that have occurred in domestic and international relations in the past 20 years. This unique programme is expressly designed to equip future leaders and their advisers with a clear understanding of the diversity of state, non-state and natural hazards confronting governments and societies. As the period of stability and growth falters, there is a greater propensity to conflict within and between countries in future decades.
Therefore, above all, this programme is designed to enhance decision makers' confidence in their strategic vision on how to address these myriad challenges of the 21st century. As an integral part of the established LSE Executive Programme, it is focused on applicability and relevance, of how to manage risk and change. Enrolment is deliberately restricted to ensure high calibre discussion and intellectual engagement with a minimum of five years of work experiences.
This programme is particularly suitable for professionals intending to proceed to senior political or corporate level positions, but will also be of interest to those wishing to deepen their conceptual grasp of contemporary international relations, and how to address the complex challenges of the future.
Information for international students
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Student Recruitment Office
- +44 (0)20 7955 6613