- Normally applicants will hold a Bachelor Honours degree
- Current registration on the NMC register with a Children's Nursing qualification
- Three years post-qualifying experience
- Current employment in a professional practice (minimum 15 hours per week)
- You will also require evidence of employer support; an identified expert practitioner educated to Masters level as your facilitator; and dedicated clinical time to focus on practice based requirements
Months of entry
Our programme will develop your abilities in the field of professional practice, introducing you to complex issues, systematically and creatively, so that you may enhance a child's (and their family's) experience of health care. Diagnostic, assessment and prescribing clinical skills are core to the programme, alongside critical analysis and research.
We aim to provide life-long learning and personal development, enabling you to work with self-direction and originality, as well as to contribute to professional practice and society. Such is the future of paediatric nursing; more nurses are specialising in autonomous roles across a variety of clinical specialities, from primary through to tertiary care.
This course is one of the few of its kind in the UK. Students come from all over the world to be taught by some of the world leading experts in their clinical specialities. LSBU is leading in teaching Non Medical Prescribing, and has launched the UK's only Paediatric Non Medical Prescribing course. Numbers for the Children's Advanced Nurse Practitioner programme are increasing year by year, and student feedback is overwhelmingly positive.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0) 20 7815 6100