- Applicants should usually have qualifications that demonstrate that they are suitably prepared for Level 7 study in the professional practice context.
- This will normally mean a good Honours degree (with a classification of 2:2 or above or the equivalent if the applicant had a degree from a non-UK university) and evidence that applicants are able to write at level 7.
- If an applicant has existing level 7 credits in relevant field - it is possible for the applicant to apply for APL (Accredited Prior Learning) for the optional module on this course.
- Applicants are likely to be practising education professionals, mostly practising teachers or those working in special school or alternative settings (including disability services in further and higher education and similar contexts).
The final decisions about suitability for the course are taken by the Course Director from an assessment of the standard application form. Mature students without formal qualifications but with appropriate life or professional experience will be considered.
Months of entry
Our course centres heavily on the lived experience of autistic people. Based on the principle 'nothing about us without us', we believe that genuine insider perspectives should inform anyone wishing to know more about autism. You'll apply theory to practice – and in so doing you'll have the opportunity to reflect on inclusive practices and their efficacy in assisting diverse learners with autism.
This course is ideal for practitioners in education, health, social care, or the voluntary sector who are interested in working with autistic learners of any age and across the spectrum (in keeping with the 0-25 framework in the Children and Families Act 2014). Autistic people are encouraged to apply and should feel confident that staff are committed to offering appropriate support as required.
The Autism and Critical Disability Studies Research Group operates out of the same division as the course.
Fees and funding
Fees are shown for new entrants to courses, for each individual year of a course, together with the total fee for all the years of a course. Continuing LSBU students should refer to the Finance section of our student portal, MyLSBU. Queries regarding fees should be directed to the Fees and Bursaries Team on: +44 (0)20 7815 6181.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries Team
- 0800 923 8888