The course is designed for students with undergraduate degrees in mechanical, electrical or chemical engineering, or other relevant engineering disciplines, and seek to develop specialised skills in building services engineering to enter this industry.
- A BEng (Hons) degree in an appropriate discipline. Normally upper second class would be considered a minimum, but lower class may be acceptable depending on experience.
- Cognate degrees in appropriate disciplines (e.g. physics, chemistry or mathematics) will be accepted provided the candidate demonstrates some knowledge of building services engineering.
- Other qualifications may be accepted depending on age and experience. This category would normally be reserved for mature candidates who have had several years experience in the building services industry.
Months of entry
- Present and take forward arguments for sustainability in the design and implementation of energy delivery systems
- Provide you with a broad basis of advanced understanding in the technologies that deliver high quality energy services with minimum environmental impact
- Design appropriate decentralised energy delivery systems, based on a range of criteria including environment, cost and engineering potential
- Develop your understanding of policy, market and institutional factors that promote or constrain innovation.
Students who have accepted an offer for a full-time place on this course are encouraged to apply for LSBU's Kevin Herriott scholarship. Find out more about the Kevin Herriott scholarship.
Information for international students
For applicants whose first language is not English, an IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent is required.
Fees and funding
Please see the postgraduate funding page for more details.
Qualification and course duration
Further details of qualification
Th course duration is 16 months if you start in January and 12 if you start in September. Only the full time course has a start date in January, both have September start dates.
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0) 20 7815 6100