About School of Business and Economics
Internationally Recognised Global Leader
Loughborough University’s School of Business and Economics is recognised as an international global leader. Placed firmly in the elite 1% of business schools in the world to hold AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA accreditation, it is consistently ranked as a Top-10 UK business school by national league tables.
At Loughborough, we’re passionate about developing well-rounded, highly employable graduates who are ready to make a difference. Here we offer much more than just postgraduate degrees; our programmes are designed to meet the needs of industry, influenced by our experiences with global corporate partners, and the leading research and expertise of our internationally renowned academics. Each programme is also complimented by our superb purpose-built teaching facilities and choice of student opportunities.
So join us and boost your career with a postgraduate MSc, MBA, MPhil, PhD or Executive Education course that is respected by employers.
School of Business and Economics Masters Programmes
Commercially relevant and underpinned by the very latest research, we offer highly popular one-year masters programmes in areas including; Finance and Economics, Management, Marketing, Business Analytics, Information Management and NEW for 2016; Human Resource Management and Employment Relations. See which one could supercharge your career, starting this September.
- MSc Management
- MSc Business and Analysis Management
- MSc International Management
- MSc Marketing
- MSc Finance and Management
- MSc Finance
- MSc Corporate Finance
- MSc Finance and Investment
- MSc Economics and Finance
- MSc Banking and Finance
- MSc Business Analytics Consulting
- MSc Information Management and Business Technology
- MSc Human Resource Management – New for 2016
- MSc Employment Relations and HRM – New for 2016
- MSc Work Psychology
- MSc Business Psychology
More information on postgraduate study at Loughborough University School of Business and Economics.
Watch our student profile videos.
MSc Scholarships and Bursaries worth up to 50% of fees!!
We are committed to attracting the very best applicants onto our postgraduate taught courses. We offer a range of competitive scholarships and bursaries to both UK/EU and international applicants – some worth up to 100% of your fees!
Our scholarship and bursary range is designed to include a wide range of students and consists of:
- Alumni scholarships (for UK/EU and international students)
- Outstanding academic achievement scholarships
- Sports scholarships
- Hardship bursaries and other funding options
- International student specific scholarships, including: Loughborough University Graduate School Development Trust Africa; USA scholarships and loans; and Santander International postgraduate scholarships
For more details visit the funding pages.
The Loughborough MBA (accredited by AMBA)
- Full-Time MBA (one year, full-time)
- Full-Time MBA with internship (two years, full-time)
- Part-Time MBA (two to three years, part-time)
If you want to be an elite performer in business the Loughborough MBA could be for you. Our mission is all about Developing Winners, Achieving Excellence and Delivering Value. It’s a philosophy that drives what our MBA programmes are all about. Our MBA is deliberately challenging so you’re ready to deliver in the real world. You will learn new ways to approach problems, benefit from other students’ experience, and adapt management theory into powerful, practical strategies to improve your business.
You’ll derive maximum value from the Loughborough MBA. All our teaching is commercially relevant and informed by our world-class research. With over 400 global corporate partnerships, our case studies and guest speakers will give you the very latest best practice. And, as standard, one of our core modules offers you the opportunity to give group consultancy to one of our corporate partners on a live commercial project.
For more information about Loughborough MBA.
School of Business and Economics Postgraduate Research
We offer incredibly exciting opportunities for those interested in undertaking a PhD or MPhil research degree in Business and Management, Economics or Information Management.
As a research student you will be welcomed into our dynamic research community, made up of internationally renowned staff and talented research students. You will benefit from the expertise of our distinguished academics, all of whom are not only highly regarded within their respective fields, but also active in research, publishing and professional organisations.
We offer the following research pathways:
- PhD Business and Management (three years full-time or five years part-time)
- MPhil Business and Management (two years full-time or three years part-time)
- PhD in Economics (three years full-time or five years part-time)
- MPhil in Economics (two years full-time or three years part-time)
- PhD in Information Management (three years full-time or five years part-time)
- PhD in Information Management (four years full time including taught component)
- MPhil in Information Management (two years full-time or three years part-time)
The School of Business and Economics advertises a number of fully funded PhD studentships throughout the year. These studentships are often linked to a specific title and subject matter and come with their own deadline. Our studentships are extremely popular and attract a high quality of applicants, so if you are interested it is recommended that you regularly check our website for vacancies.
Check for studentships on our website.
The School of Business and Economics runs open and bespoke executive education programmes designed with a flexibility that is perfect for working professionals. With an enviable history of well-established links with business, the School is known for delivering challenging, career-enhancing programmes that deliver real value to individuals and organisations.
Our executive education programmes include:
Leadership and Management (Certificate, Diploma, MSc)
Leadership and Service Management (Diploma, MSc)
Leadership and Innovation Management (Diploma, MSc)
The Loughborough MBA
Institute of Directors (IoD) Company Direction Programme
Occupational Health and Safety Management (Certificate, Diploma, MSc)
Occupational Health and Safety Management (Top-up MSc)
Healthcare Management and Governance (Certificate, Diploma, MSc)
Healthcare and Societal Resilience (Certificate, Diploma, MSc)
Automotive Retail Management (Certificate, Diploma, MSc)
Strategic Automotive Dealership Management (MSc)
Automotive Dealership Management (BSc)
More information about Executive Education.
School of Business and Economics
T: +44 (0)1509 228278
T: +44 (0)1509 228842
T: +44 (0)1509 228276
School of Business and Economics
- +44 (0)1509 223288
- School of Business and Economics
- Loughborough University
- LE11 3TU