Entrants to these programmes will have managerial experience at an appropriate level. Previous qualifications are not a prerequisite.
Months of entry
The Automotive Retail Management course is suitable for Dealer Principals, Managers, Supervisors and Team Leaders.
Both the Certificate and the Diploma will each extend over a period of 12 months (totalling 24 months for completion of both stages). The programmes involve a combination of short daytime modules, work-based assignments and projects. Both programmes are also delivered via block release; learning methods and assessment are tailored to participants’ needs.
The MSc stage is completed by undertaking an additional two short daytime modules and a supervised project, requiring a total of 12 months study.
The programme aims to:
- Develop individual skills and prepare participants for management career progression in the automotive retail sector, mainly through development of both their technical knowledge and skills, and their conceptual and analytical abilities;
- Prepare participants for automotive retail management roles in which they will be expected to contribute towards the functional and strategic management of their organisations;
- Provide participants with the opportunity to develop deep understanding in areas of particular interest by undertaking research and work-based projects;
- Enable participants to see ways in which theory can be applied in practice to complex issues with the aim of improving business and management practice;
- Enhance students’ career development in the automotive sector;
- Encourage participants to pursue personal development and lifelong learning skills and be self-motivating;
- Provide a relevant, practical and constantly updated programme through close links with the automotive industry.
Information for international students
The standard University IELTS English language requirements is 6.5 overall with 6.0 in each individual element (reading, writing, listening and speaking).
Fees and funding
Please see the funding page for more details.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Ruth Cufflin
- +44 (0)1509 228839