An honours degree (2:1 or above) or equivalent overseas qualification. Strong quantitative ability is required. Degrees in engineering, mathematics, physics, economics, and business and management will be particularly welcomed. Those without a first degree but with substantial work experience may be considered.
See our full list of International Qualification Equivalencies for all countries. Degrees must be obtained from a university or institution recognised by Loughborough University. Please contact us to clarify if required.
Months of entry
Our MSc Business Analytics Consulting programme equips you with the skills that employers value, by combining the rigorous modelling and consulting skills needed to understand, manage and communicate useful insights from ‘big data’ – often referred to as the oil of the 21st century.
This course will enable you to consult with organisations and governments to help them make informed strategic business or policy decisions. Taught modules are delivered by our group of internationally recognised management scientists who are actively working with business, government and non-profit organisations to tackle routine, strategic or policy problems.
Our industry advisory board ensures that the focus of our taught modules is of both academic and practical relevance. In addition, SAS sponsor a student prize, and one of our modules – Managing Big Data – is developed in close collaboration with IBM.
During the summer you will undertake a supervised consulting or research project. This will give you the opportunity to apply powerful tools such as data mining, forecasting, optimisation, simulation and decision analysis to a particular area of business or policy, equipping you with skills highly prized by employers.
- Consistently rated as a Top-10 UK Business School in national league tables - 7th for Business Studies (The Times and Sunday Times University League 2016)
- Among just 1% of business schools in the world to hold AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA accreditation
- 75% of our Business and Management research is rated as 'world leading' or 'internationally excellent' (REF, 2014)
- Includes optional opportunity to work with a company on a live commercial consultancy project
- IBM sponsor a student prize and also teach on some modules
- Scholarships available for the best candidates
Information for international students
Please see the English language requirements.
Fees and funding
Please see the funding page for more details.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions
- 01509 223121