An honours degree (2:1 or above) or equivalent overseas qualification with a substantial business, management or cognate social science component. Applications from those with a lower second class degree or from a different disciplinary background may be considered if the applicant has relevant work experience.
See our full list of International Qualification Equivalencies for all countries. Degrees must be obtained from a university or institution recognised by Loughborough University.
Months of entry
This programme is especially suitable for students wishing to gain an in-depth understanding of the field of employment relations as preparation for a career in employment relations, labour relations or related fields.
In addition to providing students with a thorough grounding in the theory and practice of employment relations, it is anticipated that on completion of the programme students will also meet the knowledge requirements for chartered membership of the Chartered Institute for Personnel and Development (CIPD), the professional body for HR, employment relations and related professions in the UK.
Taught by academics with a strong track record in both employment relations related research and practical experience of employment relations and HRM, the programme focuses on developing critical thinking and analytical skills alongside the more practical skills required for a career in employment relations and HR.
- Consistently rated as a Top-10 UK Business School in national league tables - 7th for Business Studies (The Times and Sunday Times University League 2016)
- Among just 1% of business schools in the world to hold AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA accreditation
- 75% of our Business and Management research is rated as 'world leading' or 'internationally excellent' (REF, 2014)
- Currently undergoing accreditation by Chartered Institute for Personnel and Development (CIPD)
- Scholarships available for the best candidates
Information for international students
Please see the English language requirements.
Fees and funding
Please see the funding page for more details.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions
- 01509 223121