An honours degree (2:1 or above) or equivalent overseas qualification in business, accounting, maths, physics, engineering, computing, economics or a minor in finance. Good (2:1) grades in quantitative modules are required.
Applications will also be considered from those who do not meet the previous criteria but who can demonstrate numerical proficiency and have either:
- an appropriate professional qualification in Finance or
- more than one year of relevant work experience if they have an honours degree (high 2:2 or above).
See our full list of International Qualification Equivalencies for all countries. Degrees must be obtained from a university or institution recognised by Loughborough University. Please contact us to clarify if required.
Months of entry
Our MSc Finance programme is an applied, broadbased master’s degree that provides students with the knowledge and skills to work in a wide range of finance roles.
This programme is best suited to students who wish to gain an in-depth understanding of the whole field of finance before choosing their preferred area of specialisation. You will gain an understanding of corporate finance topics such as cost of capital and dividend policy, as well as investment topics such as asset pricing and portfolio selection.
Our Trading Room, which incorporates Thomson- Reuters Eikon financial trading software, is integrated into the programme and will provide the platform for many of the computer lab sessions, enabling you to practically apply concepts you have learned during the programme.
- Consistently rated as a Top-10 UK Business School in national league tables - 7th for Finance and Accounting (The Times and Sunday Times University League 2016)
- Among just 1% of business schools in the world to hold AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA accreditation
- 75% of the School of Business and Economics’ research was rated as ‘world leading’ or ‘ internationally excellent’ (REF 2014)
- Scholarships available for the best candidates
Information for international students
Please see the English language requirements.
Fees and funding
Please see the funding page for more information.
Scholarships worth up to 20% fees available - find out more
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions
- 01509 223121