An honours degree (good 2:2 of 55% or above) or equivalent overseas qualification.
See our full list of international qualification equivalencies for all countries. Degrees must be obtained from a university or institution recognised by Loughborough University. Please contact us to clarify if required.
Months of entry
Our MSc International Business programme is designed to equip you with the essential knowledge and skills required for working effectively across different national contexts in a range of business and management roles.
Informed by cutting-edge research, you will develop highly sought-after intercultural skills and a global mind-set. This programme prepares you to work confidently and effectively with global partners and enhance organisational performance in today’s global economy.
Being international is seldom a choice but a necessity for companies today. This MSc International Business programme was developed in response to a growing need from employers for business and management graduates with an international perspective, who are capable of operating effectively in a globalised world.
This programme opens up a variety of careers, in roles such as business analyst, sales and marketing executive, country/regional manager, product manager, sourcing manager, negotiator, trading executive, management consultant, and business development manager. You can also use the knowledge developed from this programme to internationalise your own business or family business.
Taught by world class scholars and guest speakers from industry, you will develop a deep understanding of cross-cultural differences, intercultural communication and leadership, internationally distributed collaborations, international human resource management, and international strategic decision-making. You will also develop practical and actionable knowledge of the global business environment, international business negotiations, global sourcing models, international supply chains, global social entrepreneurship and international innovations.
Through the opportunity of a study abroad option or an international virtual team exercise, you will have the chance to develop your own intercultural experience first-hand and to apply your newly acquired knowledge in real-life situations:
- You can choose to spend the second semester at one of our international partner universities to experience a different cultural and educational environment, and thereby develop fundamental skills of cross cultural adjustment and collaboration.
- Alternatively, you have the option to take part in ‘X culture’, a large scale, international team project comprising thousands of students and professionals from over 40 countries. Together with students from four to six different countries, you will be working on a real-life business case for several months, and experience the challenges and techniques of international collaborations across cultures, time zones, and organisations.
Find out more about studying management, how it’s used by organisations, meet our academic experts in this area and explore our related subject areas to find the right programme for you.
Information for international students
All applicants for admission to Loughborough University must have a qualification in English Language before they can be admitted to any course or programme, whether their first language is English or not.
- IELTS: overall 6.5 with minimum 6.0 in each component
The School will accept lower IELTS scores if you undertake the University's pre-sessional English course.
- TOEFL with an overall score of 92, and no sub-test score below 22
See full list of English language qualifications we accept, with full details on each.
Please also see the international page for more details.
Fees and funding
Please see the fees and funding page for more information.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- PG Taught Admissions Office
- +44 01509 222728