An honours degree (2:1 or above) or equivalent overseas qualification in transport, geography, engineering, economics, management or a related discipline. Other qualifications and relevant industrial experience will also be considered.
Months of entry
Over recent years, the global airline industry continues to grow and change rapidly. As a result, the industry demands an increasingly diverse and skilled workforce. Our Air Transport Management MSc will enable you to develop in-depth knowledge and understanding of the structure and operation of the commercial air transport industry from an international perspective, including the regulatory, political and economic environments in which it operates, the processes it employs and the challenges it faces.
Loughborough University has upheld a strong reputation for delivering highly-regarded transport and aviation programmes for over 40 years. The School of Architecture, Building and Civil Engineering is one of the largest of its type in the UK, and offers world-class teaching and research which responds to the technical and commercial needs of both industry and society.
Our Air Transport Management MSc is accredited by the UK Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT).
Students within the School of Architecture, Building and Civil Engineering, will benefit from our recent £6 million building expansion and development, which includes new dedicated study areas and computer resources.
Our MSc in Air Transport Management offers a critical, comprehensive and practical understanding of the structure and operation of the international air transport industry and equips students with a range of transferable skills and experiences that can be applied to managerial responsibilities in the workplace. Students who undertake this programme will:
- Develop in-depth knowledge and understanding of the structure and operation of the commercial air transport industry from an international perspective, including the regulatory, political and economic environments in which it operates, the processes it employs and the challenges it faces
- Enhance critical thinking and analytical skills through exposure to the latest academic research and a rigorous theoretically-informed but industry relevant interdisciplinary approach
- Advance an insightful holistic understanding of the air transport industry through research and problem solving
- Improve employment prospects through the acquisition of subject specific knowledge, research techniques and professional skills.
There is a compulsory research dissertation which requires students to undertake an original piece of research related to the air transport industry under the guidance of an experienced academic tutor. Previous dissertation topics have included passenger experiences of airport security, the interactions between air and high-speed rail and airspace capacity enhancements.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Taught Admissions Office
- +44 (0)1509 222496