About School of Sport, Exercise and Health Sciences
An international reputation
Loughborough University’s School of Sport, Exercise and Health Sciences is renowned as an internationally recognised centre of excellence for the study of sport, exercise and health through the natural and social sciences.
Highly rated in university league tables, the School’s wide-ranging expertise encompasses such diverse areas as medicine, molecular biology, nutrition, biomechanics, economics, pedagogy, psychology, sociology, and sport management.
The unrivalled breadth of our undergraduate courses, postgraduate programmes and research degrees attracts students from all over the world. As a postgraduate student with us, you will be taught by world-leading academics involved in cutting-edge research and benefit from Loughborough’s unparalleled connections with elite sport and the sport industry.
The School of Sport, Exercise and Health Sciences is:
- Joint first in the world for sport-related subjects (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2017)
- Ranked first in the UK for research (REF 2014)
Postgraduate study at the School of Sport, Exercise and Health Sciences
The School of Sport, Exercise and Health Sciences is a great place to study, boasting access to first-class facilities, the wide-ranging expertise of our teaching staff, a lively community of around 1500 students and140 academic, research and support staff – plus all that Loughborough University’s outstanding campus has to offer. The expertise of our internationally-renowned academic staff informs teaching across all our programmes, ensuring a high quality learning experience.
- MSc Exercise as Medicine (new for 2018)
- MSc Exercise Physiology
- MSc Musculoskeletal Sport Science and Health
- PGCE / MSc with QTS Physical Education with Qualified Teacher Status
- MSc Social Science Research (Sport and Exercise Science)
- MSc Sport Biomechanics
- MSc Sport and Exercise Nutrition
- MSc Sport and Exercise Psychology
- MSc Sport Management
More information on postgraduate study at the School of Sport, Exercise and Health Sciences.
Scholarships and bursaries are available worth up to 20% of fees
We are committed to attracting the very best applicants onto our postgraduate taught courses. For more information visit the Loughborough University fees and funding page.
Get on the right track with a postgraduate degree
Postgraduate study at the School of Sport, Health and Exercise Sciences enables you to deepen your knowledge and understanding of your chosen subject, while developing your skills in research and analysis.
Our postgraduate students have gone on to further study or to follow careers in teaching, lecturing and research, as well as taking up positions within a variety of organisations or starting their own businesses.
Recent career destinations include:
- Performance Analyst (England and Wales Cricket Board)
- Digital Commercial Executive (Hachette)
- Sports Management Specialist (Adidas, Greece)
- Researcher (Oxford University)
- Customer Development Executive (GlaxoSmithKline)
- Physiotherapy Assistant (NHS Manchester)
- Development Officer (British Gymnastics)
- Lecturer in Sport Policy and Sports Development (Staffordshire University)
- Rehabilitation Specialist (English Institute of Sport)
- Sports Scientist (Lucozade)
Research within the School is characterised by excellence and breadth. The quality of research was confirmed by the 2014 Research Excellence Framework audit. A broad range of social and natural sciences contribute to the School’s research activity which is organised within three themes: Sport performance, Lifestyle for health and wellbeing and participation in sport and exercise.
The range of research activity that happens within the School of Sport, Exercise and Health Sciences provides a stimulating environment for anyone considering postgraduate research.
The School very much welcomes enquiries from individuals wishing to study for postgraduate research degrees, such as MPhil and Phd degrees:
- MPhil: two years full-time, three years part-time
- PhD: three years full-time, five years part-time
We also advertise a number of fully funded PhD studentships throughout the year.
The University and the School hold a variety of open events for those interested in postgraduate study, including opportunities to visit, as well as web chats.
Check here for information about upcoming events.
- Social media accounts