You should normally hold a good UK honours degree (or international equivalent), typically a first or upper second classification in a related area or in an area of study accompanied by significant professional or personal experience. Applicants with a 2:2 will be called for interview. Those with sector-based expertise, but without traditional qualifications, are actively encouraged to apply.
Months of entry
Important information: academic review of Manchester Metropolitan University Cheshire campus
Manchester Metropolitan University has been undertaking a review of the long-term future of academic provision at its Cheshire campus. It has now been confirmed that the University will withdraw from the Cheshire campus. This means that we expect the campus to close in the summer of 2019.
As the withdrawal from the campus will be a phased process we are still pleased to receive applications for one year full time postgraduate taught courses starting in 2017 on the Cheshire campus. We also continue to welcome applications for part time postgraduate courses of two years in duration in the Exercise and Sport Science department starting in 2017. Applications for courses that are expected to take longer than two years to complete are currently on hold.
Please visit our website for the latest information on the review: www.cheshire.mmu.ac.uk/campusreview
Attendance at the University for 2 days per week from September to Easter. From Easter until completion attendance will be dependent on the research project being undertaken.
You will study units from the following:
- Qualitative and Quantitative Research Methods
- Research Methods and Design
- Professional Skills
- Social Marketing for Sport and Physical Activity
- Sport and Physical Activity: Measuring Impact
- Sport Development: Policy and Planning
- Sport: A Broader Social Agenda
- International Perspectives in Sport Development
- Research Project
- Taught in a brand new £10 million Exercise and Sport Science Centre.
- Our sport development unit provides students opportunities to obtain additional qualifications and volunteering opportunities.
- Flexible programme allowing you to combine subjects
- Find out more about our courses by watching these short introductory films on the department and postgraduate applications and career prospects by the Head of Department Neil Fowler
Information for international students
International students please see our website.
Fees and funding
For further information on potential sources of funding for postgraduate students, visit www.mmu.ac.uk/study/postgraduate
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0) 161 247 6969