You should normally hold a good UK honours degree (or international equivalent), typically a first or upper second classification in a related area or in an area of study accompanied by significant professional or personal experience. Applicants with a 2:2 will be called for interview. Those with sector-based expertise, but without traditional qualifications, are actively encouraged to apply.
Months of entry
Manchester Metropolitan University is currently undertaking a review of long-term academic provision on the Cheshire campus. The review will look at how we might re-focus the types of courses offered at Cheshire in the context of the wider University provision. A range of options is currently being considered.
We can confirm that we are taking and processing applications for full time postgraduate courses and any part time courses of one year duration starting in 2017 on the Cheshire Campus. However, with regard to longer part time postgraduate courses, due to the ongoing review, the University will accept applications for courses delivered at Cheshire but will not process those applications until more is known in respect of the future of the campus.
Attendance at the University for 2 days per week from September to Easter. From Easter until completion attendance will be dependent on the research project being undertaken.
You will study units from the following:
- Qualitative and Quantitative Research Methods
- Research Methods and Design
- Professional Skills
- Social Marketing for Sport and Physical Activity
- Sport and Physical Activity: Measuring Impact
- Sport Development: Policy and Planning
- Sport: A Broader Social Agenda
- International Perspectives in Sport Development
- Research Project
- Taught in a brand new £10 million Exercise and Sport Science Centre.
- Our sport development unit provides students opportunities to obtain additional qualifications and volunteering opportunities.
- Flexible programme allowing you to combine subjects
- Find out more about our courses by watching these short introductory films on the department and postgraduate applications and career prospects by the Head of Department Neil Fowler
Information for international students
International students please see our website.
Fees and funding
For further information on potential sources of funding for postgraduate students, visit www.mmu.ac.uk/study/postgraduate
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0) 161 247 6969