Applicants should hold:
- An MchB (MBBS) or equivalent or
- A degree in Physiotherapy (normally 2:2 or above) or a PgDip in Physiotherapy together with evidence of an approved and relevant post qualification education
- A degree in Osteopathy (M Ost (Hons) normally 2:2 or above)
- and two year's clinical experience
Applications from other professions will be considered on an individual basis.
Months of entry
Manchester Metropolitan University is part of a city famous for sport and with a long history of medical education. The dense population of professional and amateur sports clubs, organisations and governing bodies enables many medical and physiotherapy professionals to work in the sports and exercise field on a full or part time basis.
The MSc Sports and Exercise Medicine offers the opportunity for qualified medical, physiotherapy and osteopathy practitioners to specialise in the field of Sports medicine.
The University maintains strong collaborations with high profile sporting bodies in the region, This provides a superb opportunity to bring together high quality students interested in a career in sport with outstanding educators to develop the next generation of sports and exercise medicine clinicians.
As part of this exciting new programme, students will also have the opportunity to gain additional professional accreditation, qualification or membership with external professional bodies:
- Membership of the Society of Musculoskeletal Medicine (SoMM)
- Immediate Care in Sport Certificate (Level 3) approved by the Faculty of Pre-hopsital care, Royal College of Surgeons
- On successful completion of the PEMHET, students will collate appropriate evidence to support an application for Fellowship of the Association of Emergency Educators (AoME) or Associate Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy (HEA).
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries