A minimum upper second class honours degree, or postgraduate diploma, or professional qualification recognised as being equivalent to a UK honours degree is required. All applicants will be invited in for a 1-2-1 interview with the programme leader and be expected to sit an entrance test. Applicants will be tested on grammar and punctuation, news values, news writing and news sense.
Months of entry
Aligned to professional practice and aimed at students seeking a career in the industry. Graduates of all disciplines are equipped with knowledge and skills in journalism through intensive practical training and tuition. Accredited by the National Council for the Training of Journalists (NCTJ) and designed to meet the requirements of media employers in the UK and beyond, the course is taught by dedicated staff with media and industry experience, and strong professional connections. You will benefit from a mandatory placement providing key networking opportunities and enhancing your employability. The course will prepare you to take a leading role in a rapidly evolving global media industry where you will explore the global potential of multi-platform news and features publishing.
Features and benefits of the course
- Taught by dedicated, experienced media professionals with extensive media experience and strong, professional contacts
- This course will prepare you to take a leading role in a rapidly evolving global media industry
- Offering flexibility and the ability to study at postgraduate level, in a subject designed to lead to employability in journalism, from any first degree
- Learn in a vibrant and innovative environment including multimedia newsroom facilities in which talented journalism students will thrive and grow
- There will be trips to magistrates, crown and coroners courts and council meetings.
- A range of industry guest speakers will be invited to speak to students throughout the year
- Work placements will introduce you to the real working environment and enable you to establish valuable contacts to assist employability
- Emphasis on work output will enable you to amass a full and varied portfolio to present to potential employers
Information for international students
For more information to support your studies in the UK, including course details, how to apply, and living in the UK visit our website.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries Team
- +44 (0) 161 247 6969