About Business School
Manchester Metropolitan University award-winning Business School is located in the heart of Manchester, one of the UK’s most popular student cities. We provide industry accredited, postgraduate and professional education across a number of business, finance and management disciplines. We have a highly established reputation for collaborating with industry and connecting our students with professional bodies and employers.
Studying at MMU means you are in the heart of the city, so you can enjoy everything Manchester has to offer, from world-class sport, music and culture to fantastic shopping, diverse nightlife and a thriving student scene.
Our iconic, £75 million Business School is an environmentally sustainable, state-of-the-art building that provides a professional study environment where you can learn, research and network with over 600 postgraduate students and professionals. As a student studying here, you will benefit from exclusive access to the top floor of our Business School, with dedicated research, study and learning facilities for postgraduate, PhD and MBA students, providing you with a place to reflect and learn.
For each of our full-time and part-time programmes, we offer an integrated study timetable that blends lectures and seminars, with an online learning environment that you can access from home or whilst you are on the move.
Lectures focus on adding to your knowledge whilst seminar discussions enable you to share best practice, build your network of contacts, learn from others, and develop different perspectives and approaches.
Professionally focused courses, designed in partnership with industry
We offer postgraduate study across the following subject areas:
Accounting and Finance and Economics
- ACCA Professional Stage
- MSc Accounting and Finance
- MSc Banking and Finance
- MSc Economic and Financial Analysis
- MSc International Finance and Management
Business and Management
- MSc Business Analytics
- MSc Human Resource Management
- MSc International Human Resource Management
- MSc International Business Management
- MSc Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- MSc Management
- MSc Place Management and Leadership
- MSc Project Management
- MSc Marketing
- MSc Marketing (Communications)
- MSc Marketing (Creative Advertising)
- MSc Public Relations
- MSc Public Relations and Media Management
Online distance learning
- MSc Accounting and Finance (for ACCA, ICAEW, CIPFA or CCAB members)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Public Relations and Digital Communications
- MSc Public Relations and Media Management
- MSc Strategic Business Management (CIMA)
The Business School enjoys excellent links with professional bodies, which means you can gain both University and Professional awards on completion of your studies, and your learning is directly linked to the current world of business. We are proud to hold the following accreditations:
• AACSB accreditation is the hallmark of excellence in business education and the award ranks both the business school among the top five per cent of business schools in the world.
• Our Executive MBA is accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA) and shares excellent links with the Institute of Directors (IoD) and the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).
• We are an Approved Centre for the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) with our postgraduate Human Resource Management programmes holding dual accreditations.
• We have registered Quality Partner status with the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), Institute of Leadership and Management and the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM).
• We are the only public sector Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Platinum Approved Learning Partner in the North of England and we offer the CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants) Award.
• We hold an ABS (Association of Business Schools) Small Business Silver Charter Mark in recognition of our track record in championing business start-up, small business growth, enterprise learning and knowledge exchange.
• We are a PRCA (Public Relations Consultants Association) Partner University and our postgraduate Public Relations courses are fully recognised by the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR).
• Our MSc Project Management and MSc International Business Management is accredited by the Association of Project Management (APM).
• Our Doctoral awards and training are accredited by ESRC (Economic and Social Research Council) and EDAMBA (European Doctorial Association in Management and Business Administration).
Funding and scholarships
We offer a range of scholarships for our MSc and Executive MBA programmes.
There are 12 scholarships for 2016 entry - six full-time scholarships (£1,000 each) and six part-time scholarships (£500 each). The scholarships are available to UK, EU and international students and we welcome applications from a broad-cross section of people, including final year students, graduates, managers, senior professionals, and members and veterans of the armed forces.
A number of these awards, worth £3,000 each, are available to international students who enrol on our full-time postgraduate taught programmes. You can apply for an award if you:
- are an international student (classified as ‘overseas’ for tuition fee purposes)
- have an offer of a place on a postgraduate taught course at MMU
- are not currently registered on a postgraduate course at MMU.
The Business School funds a number of MBA scholarships for UK, EU and international students. Each award is provided as a tuition-fee reduction and you must check the full terms and conditions before applying. Find out more about our Executive MBA scholarships on our MBA pages.
Each year, MMU Business School looks for 20 of the brightest business professionals to compete for a full Executive MBA scholarship worth over £17,000. A further two tuition fee scholarships worth £4,000 and 17 worth £2,000 are available to the runners up.
Our teaching teams are highly skilled, publish widely in their chosen disciplines and have considerable academic and professional experience. Many of our programmes regularly include guest lectures from practitioners and senior managers from a range of companies and organisations who come in to discuss pertinent strategic and operational issues. Our postgraduate students also benefit from a programme of organised company visits throughout the year, and can take part in the postgraduate internship scheme, where you can gain work experience as part of your studies.
MPhil and PhD students receive guidance from experienced academics in our Research Institute for Business and Management, which consist of six research centres and a network of specialist subject clusters spanning across research in management and business disciplines. The Centres are:
- Centre for Business and Society
- Centre for Enterprise
- Centre for International Business and Innovation
- Centre for People and Performance
- Centre for Policy Modelling
- Centre for Retail, Place and Consumer Change
We are a member of the ESRC-funded Northern Advanced Research Training Initiative, which brings together 14 universities from across the North of England. Our doctoral students use this network to develop their research contacts, liaise with peers and attend seminars and research training events. We are also an active member of EDAMBA (European Doctoral Association for Management and Business Administration) and each year, doctoral candidates can apply competitively for places on the acclaimed EDAMBA summer schools.
Our extensive links with local, regional, national and international employers mean that our students benefit from a range of support and employment opportunities to make industry contacts and network. Our Careers and Employability Hub is a full-range service in the Business School and offers support to students up to three years after they graduate.
We run Postgraduate Course Fairs five times per year, usually in February, March, May, September and November. Book your place onto our next Postgraduate Course Fair.
Disclaimer: MMU reserves the right to withdraw or amend a scholarship or bursary without prior notification. Scholarships and bursaries are offered subject to funding and availability.
- Contact name
- Manchester Metropolitan University Business School
- All Saints Campus
- Oxford Road
- M15 6BH
- 0161 247 6969