PhD applicants IELTS entry level at 6.5 overall with no element below 6.0.
Months of entry
As a MPhil or PhD student you will be supervised by academics who are part of the Centre for Business and Society - the research arm of the Faculty of Business and Law. You will contribute to the sector-focused research centre that covers your research area.
There are five research centres as part of the Centre for Business and Society, with staff in each group are able to supervise PhDs:
- Centre for Enterprise
- Centre for International Business and Innovation
- Centre for People and Performance
- Centre for Policy Modelling
- Institute for Place Management and Leadership
As a MPhil or PhD student you will be supervised by academics who are part of the Research Institute for Business and Management and contribute to the sector-focused research centre that covers your research area.
All of our PhD students follow our Research Degree Training Programme, which provides structured training in the principles of research design, quantitative and qualitative research methods, the philosophy of knowledge, systematic and critical literature reviews, and specialist research methods. There are also opportunities for PhD students to apply for places on the European Doctoral Association for Management and Business Administration summer schools.
- Our doctoral programmes are recognised by the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC). We are members of the Northern Advanced Research Training Initiative funded by ESRC and this enables our doctoral students to access advanced training in research methods and participate in a postgraduate community of 14 universities across the North of England.
- RIBM organises research training and seminars and the working papers series in Business and Management.
- We are a member of EDAMBA (European Doctoral Association for Management and Business Administration) and each year doctoral students can apply competitively for places on the acclaimed EDAMBA summer schools.
Fees and funding
Please check the latest Postgraduate prospectus for information on the tuition fees for each course. For further information on potential sources of funding for postgraduate students, visit www.mmu.ac.uk/study/postgraduate
Qualification and course duration
PhD by taught
Course contact details
- Business School PhD Admissions
- +44 (0)161 247 2706