Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
You will have a minimum 2:2 UK undergraduate honours degree (or international equivalent), in a business, economics or finance related subject.
If your degree is not in one of these subjects, please contact the Business School to discuss your application.
We also welcome applications from candidates who may not have a degree but do have equivalent professional qualifications or significant relevant experience.
Overseas applicants will require IELTS with an overall score of 6.5 with no less than 5.5 in any category, or an equivalent accepted English qualification.
Months of entry
Learn from the experts shaping debates on topics like Brexit, regional economic development, and sports governance. Their real-world policy making feeds directly into your course.
Working with academics, communities, and businesses, we carry out applied research that shapes and benefits our economy.
We’ve designed this course for graduates who studied economics, finance or business-related degrees at undergraduate level. But it will also suit you if you have other relevant experience.
Sharing our expertise
Our teaching goes beyond most university economics courses by exploring both perspectives of economics and finance. Across all units, you’ll learn from experts with academic, policy and industry experience in the UK and Europe.
First, we’ll encourage you to challenge assumptions underlying mainstream models of economics. Then, you’ll apply your understanding of research and techniques to a range of assignments.
From quantitative modelling to cryptocurrencies, the diverse areas develop your critical thinking skills and ability to deliver a meaningful argument.
When you graduate, you’ll be able to confidently assess a new financial product or innovation for its chances of success – as well as its impact on the financial system.
You could develop the skills you need for roles in banking, finance, analysis, government and regional development.
Features and Benefits
- Economics and finance experts – learn from expert academics and leading professionals who advise organisations like AJ Bell, the United Nations, UEFA and the World Trade Organization.
- Triple crown - study in a Business School that has prestigious triple accreditation from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA.
- Location – Manchester boasts one of the largest financial services economies in Europe. You’ll be surrounded by renowned companies and a community of financial professionals.
- Leading industry speakers – we invite business leaders from various industries onto campus to share their knowledge with our students.
- Free access to Bloomberg Terminal & Stata – leading global platforms used by the world’s banks, corporations and government agencies for news, data, analytics and research.
- Future Economies University Research Centre – we partner with public and private companies such as AJ Bell to create original research with purpose and impact.
- Postgraduate internship programme – an optional internship allows you to gain work experience in a business environment so you can put your learning into action.
Information for international students
International students please visit our website for more information.
Fees and funding
Funding information available, please visit our website.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0) 161 247 6969