An honours degree with classification of 2:2 or above, or an overseas equivalent, in a subject from a recognised higher education institution or an equivalent qualification e.g. F1-F9 ACCA qualification.
Months of entry
January, September, May
In the rapidly evolving world of Business, Finance and Accounting, businesses are facing more pressure and complexities than ever before. Those working within the industry are having to deal with increasing information and activity - in diverse areas such as financial reporting, foreign exchange and risk management - and it is critical they have the skills needed to succeed.
This 100% online MSc Finance and Strategy programme will offer future senior managers an understanding of these challenges and help them to take advantage of new opportunities within the industry.
The course is suitable for those who already have a professional financial qualification, as well as those looking to gain one.
Features and Benefits
Supporting you to put theory into practice, this course explores areas such as performance management, FinTech and financial risk in a global context. It can be completed within two years and will develop your strategic thinking and leadership skills, as well as providing you with the opportunity to enhance your understanding of the inner workings of a business and top level decision making.
The programme will also give you the opportunity to:
- Gain entry at a higher level to professional qualifications, such as the CIMA Masters gateway route, if you do not currently have a professional qualification; many of the modules of this course are accredited by leading professional institutions
- Adopt a vocational study route which develops your practical skills, theory and workplace understanding
- Enjoy flexible study options which work alongside your existing work and life commitments
- Expand your networking opportunities with businesses, academia, students, alumni and other like-minded business professionals, both nationally and internationally
- Explore topical themes during live online seminars with your tutors and peers. Multiple one hour sessions are offered each week (and recorded to watch later) and content is informed by real-time data about students’ understanding of the topic
- Work in small groups on weekly tasks, allowing you to collaborate with peers and experience virtual working
- Visit our Manchester campus during our annual Executive Conference (optional) and complement your online learning with experiences, including:
- Working on projects with executive students from across the world
- Professional development activities
- Meeting faculty members
- Visiting places that have made Manchester a global brand.
This event runs over five days: three days of general executive development activities, followed by two days of programme specific activities. A full programme can be issued on request. (T&Cs)
Information for international students
- Applicants whose first language is not English (and whose first degree was not taught in English) are required to produce evidence of English Language proficiency.
- See details of all English Language requirements.
If you’re applying with non-UK qualifications, you can find further information for international students on our international website.
There’s further information for international students on our international website if you’re applying with non-UK qualifications.
Fees and funding
Please see funding options within course details.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0)161 247 6969