Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
All applications will be considered on an individual basis.
120 credit course (September):
You will have gained the Chartered Financial Planner qualification or equivalent.
90 credit course (February):
You will have gained Fellowship of the Personal Finance Society or equivalent.
• You must have a minimum of four years of relevant management experience.
• You must be engaged in formal continuing professional development (CPD) activities
Months of entry
This course is designed for thought leaders in the financial planning and wealth management sectors. It’s an opportunity to reflect on your professional experiences and to undertake a piece of research to contribute to theory and knowledge underpinning management practice and investment decision-making behaviour.
Your professional qualifications are recognised, allowing you to join the course with 'Advanced Standing’, which shortens the time period of study, but not the lasting impact.
A life-changing experience
The requirement to adopt a more academic perspective on the world of financial planning will challenge your beliefs and help you to develop insights and skills to supplement your technical skills and professional competence. You will receive guidance and support from tutors who have experience working with practitioners and supporting them throughout the process of writing a dissertation.
You are free to choose a dissertation topic. Drilling down into a subject area surrounding financial planning or wealth management that is of particular interest to you is invariably enlightening. The outcome of your research is likely to be of interest to others and will help to raise the profile and status of those engaged in the provision of financial planning advice. It will be a life-changing experience for you and maybe so for all those with whom you come into contact in future.
Features and Benefits
- Financial planning specialism – a specialist MSc in the UK that allows you to focus on financial planning and business management, supported by an expert team.
- Flexible study – study part-time to fit this course around your other commitments. Continue working and use your professional experiences to support your learning.
- Triple crown - study with a Business School that has prestigious triple accreditation from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA.
- Online access – make use of all our fantastic resources remotely. Use the library and our online resources whenever you need.
- Academic support – your tutors and other members of staff are there to support your research. Tap into their academic experience to focus your work.
- Make a contribution – your research will contribute to the body of financial planning research and knowledge. Contribute to the development of your profession through your dissertation.
- Enhance your skills – gain an academic qualification to support your professional development. Apply your research skills to your job.
Information for international students
International students please visit our website for more information.
Fees and funding
Funding information available, please visit our website.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time10-15 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Further details of qualification
Advanced standing is available for both 90 credit and 120 credit course.
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0) 161 247 6969