The standard entry requirements for the Certificate in Professional Studies (HRM) are GCSE Maths and English (C) or equivalent, plus at least 2 years' relevant work experience. However, we welcome applications from candidates who do not meet our standard qualification and work experience entry requirements who can demonstrate prior learning from other forms of experience. Please check the course listing on our website for full details of the entry requirements.
Months of entry
This course is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) and successful completion of it qualifies you for the CIPD Intermediate Certificate in Human Resource Management. It also grants you automatic Associate membership of the CIPD. You will receive an excellent grounding in all aspects of human resources (HR), developing your knowledge and practical skills, and focusing
particularly on how HR can add value to organisations. This course is designed to build your practical knowledge and develop your skills through real experiences of human resource management.
Primarily aimed at people who are working or entering the HR profession who wish to become professionally qualified, this course allows for career progression in this specialist field. On completing this course, you are automatically eligible to continue directly to the PgDip/MSc in Human Resource Management at Manchester Met. The Master’s course is fully accredited by the Chartered Institute for Personnel and Development (CIPD). This qualification enables you to distinguish yourself from other candidates in today’s competitive job market.
You will study two units:
- HR Policy and Practice (30 credits)
- The Effective HR Practitioner (30 credits)
Features and Benefits
- This course is designed to build your practical knowledge and develop your skills through real experiences of human resource management in a range of different organisational settings.
- The course will provide you with an excellent grounding in all aspects of HR, developing your knowledge and practical skills, and focussing particularly on how HR can add value to organisations.
- This course has been specially designed to provide foundational knowledge and skills for a career in HR, covering key aspects of policy and practice (such as resourcing, reward, performance management, employment law, and training and development) as well as developing the skills to be an effective practitioner.
- Successful completion of the course leads to automatic Associate Membership of CIPD.
- The course leads to the CIPD Intermediate Certificate in HRM.
- Successful completion of this Certificate can provide a route for entry to MMU’s highly regarded Postgraduate Diploma in HRM, which gives full exemption from the CIPD Advanced Diploma - the gateway qualification to becoming a Chartered Member of the CIPD.
- This programme is taught at the Business School by professionally qualified staff with relevant academic and workplace experience through a range of inter-active lectures, workshops, case studies and project-based assignments.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Aarti Vyas-Brannick