Normally a good UK honours degree (minimum 2:2) or international equivalent and to have been worked in a management role for at least 3-4 years but we will also consider your application if you have a recognised professional qualification or have significant management experience.
Months of entry
“To survive in the twenty-first century we’re going to need a new generation of leaders - leaders not managers.” Leadership expert, Warren Bennis.
At Manchester Met Business School, we recognise that leadership is central to the long-term success of organisations and that effective leaders can make the difference in the workplace of today. Leaders do this by motivating their workforce to achieve sustainable performance and by enabling them to cope with the changing nature of both the external and internal environment.
The MSc Leadership is a challenging and innovative programme, designed to meet the needs of professionals who want to inspire and motivate their teams for greater organisational success. The programme is aimed at developing managers by providing them with the relevant tools and expertise to test out new concepts and cutting-edge ideas in the field of leadership and performance. You are taught in a flexible and supportive learning environment, studying in small groups with the opportunity to network and engage with professionals from different career backgrounds.
- The MSc Leadership programme is unique in terms of the way we have designed it and the way it is delivered by our team of leadership specialists.
- The teaching team are experienced professionals with a commitment to help make the learning experience memorable and to ensure it has an impact upon your personal and professional development. The team comprises qualified executive coaches, MBTI and psychometric assessment practitioners and qualified action learning facilitators. Each member of staff has worked extensively with managers and leaders from a wide range of sectors; are active researchers and authors of books on current aspects of leadership.
- The programme is about enabling you to develop your own distinctive approach to leadership by building on your personal strengths. This programme will help you to think differently and to develop your approach to leadership by applying and putting ideas in to practice.
- The programme is delivered in a state-of-the-art Business School; where we adopt a facilitated approach to learning using a range of different approaches such as ‘action learning sets’ workshops and support via the use of a virtual learning space to support learning outside of the Business School;
- You will have the opportunity to network with other senior managers and to participate in workplace shadowing; attend master class workshops with guest speakers from a wide range of backgrounds.
- This is an innovative programme designed to meet the needs of experienced managers with a strong emphasis on personal development.
- Taught in blocks allowing flexible study patterns.
- Variety of guest lectures each year.
This programme has an advanced standing route for mature students who have relevant professional qualifications or who have previously studied for a postgraduate certificate or diploma. Through advanced standing we can give you academic credit for your current qualifications.
Information for international students
For more information to support your studies in the UK, including course details, how to apply, and living in the UK visit www.mmu.ac.uk/international
Fees and funding
For further information about funding your postgraduate study, please visit Manchester Met’s fees and funding page: http://www2.mmu.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/fees/
Qualification and course duration
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
|Written coursework / continuous assessment||35|
|Dissertation||35 (15000 words)|
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0) 161 247 6969