Normally a good honours degree (minimum 2:2), or equivalent, in any subject. We will also consider your application if you have significant, relevant experience or degree-equivalent professional qualifications.
Months of entry
This programme has been developed to meet the demand for skilled marketing communications professionals to work within the ever-changing marketing communications industry. The programme is taught by industry professionals and highly experienced tutors, who are able to draw upon their substantial experience in marketing communications, digital communications and brand strategy to bring lectures to life and help direct practical student projects.
The programme has excellent professional links nationally and internationally - Manchester is acknowledged as a world leader in digital marketing activity. Completing the programme can enhance a student’s career prospects, as the emphasis throughout the course is on applying knowledge and developing skills. There is also the option to obtain an internship.
Units on the programme will cover the following themes:
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Strategic Planning for Digital and Social Media Communications
- International Brand Strategy
- Investigating Business Practice (marketing communications live client brief)
- Research Methods
- Optional Internship
- This course is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
- You will be taught in the Business School’s £75 million teaching and research headquarters on All Saints Campus. Watch the video to find out more.
- Established links with the Chartered Institute of Marketing and tthe Chartered Institute of Public Relations which means our students can obtain student membership of these professional bodies.
- This programme has an advanced standing route for mature students who have relevant professional qualifications or who have previously studied for a postgraduate certificate or diploma. Through advanced standing we can give you academic credit for your current qualifications. Consequently you only need to study selected units and can achieve an MSc in a shorter timeframe. The tuition fees for this route are also lower because you only pay for the units you need to take rather than having to study all the units for the MSc
- Students work as an account team on a live marketing communications project.
Graduates from the Business School have an excellent record in gaining employment in a variety of disciplines and roles. Manchester offers a vibrant and exciting business atmosphere, offering fantastic opportunities to work in marketing during and after the course, including MediaCityUK (a purpose built home for digital and creative businesses spread over 36 acres, which includes the BBC and ITV).
Information for international students
For more information to support your studies in the UK, including course details, how to apply, and living in the UK visit www.mmu.ac.uk/international
Fees and funding
For further information on potential sources of funding for postgraduate students, visit www.mmu.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/scholarships
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Angela Hall - Course Leader
- +44 (0)161 247 6969