Normally a good honours degree (minimum 2:2), or equivalent, preferably in an advertising, design or marketing subject. We also consider applications from professionals with significant relevant experience.
Months of entry
Advertising and management skills are in high demand, with graduates working at all ends of the advertising spectrum from traditional print-based advertising to digital media. This course will offer you a combination of commercial, theoretical and creative units to ensure you have a significant advantage in this fast-paced and dynamic industry.
The programme will develop your creative thinking skills in helping to create and implement effective creative advertising solutions to complex advertising challenges.
You will be taught by industry professionals and highly experienced tutors, who are able to draw upon their substantial industry experience, bringing lectures to life and offering practical support on student projects.
This course is also approved and accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (subject to annual approval) and has been developed to meet the demand for skilled marketing communications professionals to work within the ever-changing marketing communications industry.
As a marketing Masters student you will:
- Experience working and consulting on 'live' client projects for businesses within the Manchester region
- Have the opportunity to undertake a business internship during the period of your studies
- Network with the widest range of professional bodies offered by any UK University
- Attend masterclasses where you learn best practice from leading industry speakers and thought leaders
- Acquire the knowledge and skills offered throughout the degree programme to be a skilled advertising professional
Open to graduates holding degrees in any subject, this course assumes no prior knowledge of marketing or business and is suitable for UK, EU and international students wishing to progress their academic knowledge of advertising. It is also suitable for those who do not have a degree but who possess relevant experience.
Information for international students
For more information to support your studies in the UK, including course details, how to apply, and living in the UK visit www.mmu.ac.uk/international
Fees and funding
Funding options available, please visit our website.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0) 161 247 6969