18 month course (120 credits):
You must be an active CIMA member and have completed all levels of CIMA examination, or have transferred to CIMA qualification via the CIMA Management Gateway,
12 month course (90 credits):
You must be an active CIMA member and have completed the CIMA qualification. Three years professional experience is also required for this route.
Months of entry
The changing environment businesses operate in means you need to keep learning and improving. The best way to stay current is to focus on the latest research and take your skills to the next level.
Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), we’ve designed this one-year course to top up your CIMA management or strategic level qualifications to masters level.
At the same time, you’ll develop key research and problem-solving skills.
Our Department of Accounting, Finance and Banking is the largest provider of accountancy training in the North West of England.
Learn at your own pace
We deliver this course via our online learning platform. You’ll have online access to our extensive library and research materials, as well as one-to-one online support via email and Skype.
With a focus on research, you’ll develop commercial insight into your area of interest and feel confident applying the findings to your current workplace.
Your dissertation gives you the chance to conduct research into an accountancy area, make practical recommendations and deepen the understanding of the issue among the professional community.
Features and Benefits
- Top up your CIMA qualification – our global partnership with CIMA gives you the opportunity to achieve a masters qualification and explore the latest thinking in your profession.
- Flexible around you – this course has October and February start dates. Because it’s part time you’ll be able to fit your study around your existing commitments.
- Triple crown - study with a Business School that has prestigious triple accreditation from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA.
- 1-2-1 support - your academic supervisor will support you throughout the course and share their expertise. Their feedback and guidance helps you reach your potential.
- Study your own way – we deliver teaching through an interactive online portal. There are no set lecture times so you can work through the units at your own pace.
- Online community – you’ll learn with people across the globe and share best practice on our forums.
- Academic and Professional Development – this unit is designed to help you identify and investigate accounting issues to find ways to improve strategies and practice.
- Solve real business issues – apply your learning immediately to your workplace and explore a live problem through your research dissertation.
Information for international students
International students please visit our website for more information.
Fees and funding
Funding information available, please visit our website.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0)161 247 6969