UK honours degree or international equivalent or corporate membership of a recognised professional body. Candidates with relevant management experience in the tourism industry may be considered.
Months of entry
The tourism industry is dynamic, ever changing and one of the largest in the world. The growth of online travel agencies, budget airlines and low cost hotels means there is more choice than ever for the consumer and more career opportunities for you. This course is designed to give you the edge in a competitive job market and meet the needs of industry by combining essential management and business topics with a thorough understanding of the global nature of the tourism industry. You will be encouraged to develop your academic research skills alongside vocational knowledge about the tourism industry.
The course seeks to provide you with an overview of the industry and the principles of strategic management. To complement and enhance your academic studies we aim to run an active programme of visiting speakers and trips into industry, giving you a real understanding of how a business operates.
- Internship Opportunity- If you study the course on a full-time basis, you will have the opportunity to undertake a 36-48 week placement within the tourism industry, once you have completed the taught elements of the course.
- Comprehensive induction week includes field trips to local business and attractions.
- Collaboration with employers in the region possible on the consultancy project.
You will study from the following units:
- Developments in Strategic Management and Marketing
- Financial Management
- Global Sustainability and Governance
- International Tourism Management
- Destination Management
- Research Methods
Information for international students
For more information to support your studies in the UK, including course details, how to apply, and living in the UK visit www.mmu.ac.uk/international
Fees and funding
For further information please see: http://www.mmu.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/fees/
Qualification and course duration
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
|Written/ formal examinations||5|
|Written coursework / continuous assessment||60|
|Dissertation||35 (16000 words)|
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries Team
- +44 (0)161 247 6969