The following criteria must be fulfilled by students applying for the Double Erasmus Mundus MSc in Dependable Software Systems:
- An honours degree in Computer Science or a related discipline with an average grade of 60% (equivalent to a B, II.1, or assez bien) or above.
- Extensive industrial experience may be considered.
- Information regarding visas etc. may be obtained from the International Office at Maynooth University.
Months of entry
With the support of the Erasmus Mundus programme of the European Union, Maynooth University (MU) in Ireland; the University of St. Andrews (UStA) in Scotland; and Université de Lorraine (UL) in France are offering a two-year double Master Programme, named Erasmus Mundus MSc in Dependable Software Systems (DESEM).
Our objective is to provide students with the knowledge, skill and in-depth technical understanding of the key concepts required to design and build dependable software systems. This will be achieved by bringing together the theory and practice of software development and, in particular, through the transfer of knowledge from the classroom via research driven and commercially relevant projects.
The double-degree will be achieved over two years, through the allocation of 120 ECTS. Students will study in two of the three partner universities, achieving a diploma supplement from each university in which they accomplish 60 ECTS.
Courses are taught in English and are structured according to the ECTS. Students will be integrated into the culture of the country where they study through language and cultural courses provided by the Universities which they attend.
- Scholarship applications: 31 January 2016
- Course applications (without scholarship): 30 June 2016
Information for international students
English-Language certificate (for non-native speakers of English only). Minimum English language requirements:
- IELTS: 6.5 minimum overall score;
- TOEFL (Paper based test): 585;
- TOEFL (Internet based test): 95;
- PTE (Pearson): 62.
Maynooth University ’s TOEFL code is 8850.
Fees and funding
For funding and scholarship opportunities see here.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Department of Computer Science