The normal admission requirement is at least a 2nd Class Honours Degree in Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences. Candidates may be asked to attend an interview. Applicants must have a recognised primary degree which is considered equivalent to Irish university primary degree level. Minimum English language requirements: please visit Maynooth University International Office website for information about English language tests accepted and required scores. The requirements specified are applicable for both EU and non-EU applicants. National University of Ireland.
Months of entry
Two year MA programme
- Only European History Masters course in the country;
- In-depth study of selected topic in early modern and modern European history – from Portugal to Russia.
- Small group tuition. Introduction to theories, methods and classical studies in the field.
- Strong emphasis on each student’s development as an independent researcher, and active student participation in the shaping of courses.
- MA thesis on subject of choice.
- Intensive tuition in modern European languages.
Information for international students
Maynooth’s TOEFL code is 8850.
Fees and funding
For funding and scholarship opportunities see here: Fees, funding & scholarships
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Department of History