Candidates for the Research Masters degree will normally be expected to have at least a Second Class Honours Grade 1 degree in Mathematical/ Theoretical Physics or a related discipline. Applicants must have a recognised primary degree which is considered equivalent to Irish university primary degree level.
Months of entry
MSc by research in Mathematical Physics.
The objective of the structured research programme in Mathematical Physics is to provide:
- A high quality research experience and training
- Enhanced arrangements for supervision and mentorship
- Structured arrangements for the development of generic and transferable skills
- Advanced discipline-specific taught courses
- Regular monitoring of progress
Research applications are generally accepted at any time
Information for international students
Minimum English language requirements: • IELTS: 6.5 minimum overall score • TOEFL (Paper based test): 585 • TOEFL (Internet based test): 95 • PTE (Pearson): 62. Maynooth University’s TOEFL code is 8850.
Fees and funding
For funding and scholarship opportunities see here.
Qualification and course duration
MSc by research
Course contact details
- Department of Mathematical Physics