You need at least a 2.2 Bachelor honours degree in a subject relevant to your chosen subject area. You must also have a GCSE grade C or above in English and maths. Equivalency tests for GCSE English and maths will only be provided in exceptional circumstances. It is also recommended that you undertake at least two weeks work experience within a Secondary drama classroom before applying.
Months of entry
Why study PGCE Secondary Drama with English at Middlesex
At Middlesex University, we are passionate about both drama and English. In drama classes, pupils enjoy the practical nature of the lessons and also respond to the creative discipline involved in shaping their own ideas. In English, they explore language, literature, expression and the role of communication. Teachers adept in both subjects are able to educate and inspire pupils, develop their creativity and shape vital skills that impact students' performance across a range of other subjects.
- Two thirds of the duration of the course is on placement. We have excellent relationships with schools in London, Essex and Hertfordshire and many of our graduates go on to work in their first teaching job at the schools where they are on placement.
- Through sustained exposure to a classroom environment, you will learn to exercise initiative and sound judgement when confronted by challenging situations.
- Diverse teaching placements enable you to understand, critically evaluate and respond to the needs of children in multicultural, multilingual and multifaith settings and schools in an international, urban environment.
- You will learn to critically evaluate the effectiveness of a wide range of resources and understand the importance of literacy, numeracy and ICT in delivering an effective, all-round curriculum.
- In 2012, Ofsted rated the secondary teacher training courses at Middlesex 'Good with Outstanding Features', which is an excellent result for a large and diverse provider of teacher training.
- University subject sessions focus on enhancing skills in the delivery of your subject with opportunities to share good practice and reflect on school experience.
- As a student of this course you'll receive a free electronic textbook for every module.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details