- We normally require a second class honours degree 2:2 or above in a sport or exercise related field
- Alternatively prospective students who have completed a lower sports and exercise or equivalent qualification and have extensive experience in the area will be considered via interview
- Prospective students who fail to meet some of the above criteria may be directed to some preliminary study e.g. summer school
To begin the course you must complete a satisfactory enhanced DBS check and provide suitable references.
Prospective students may require an interview, either in person or via Skype/telephone.
Academic credit for previous study or experience
If you have relevant qualifications or work experience, academic credit may be awarded towards your Middlesex University programme of study. For further information please visit our Accreditation of Prior Learning page.
Months of entry
Why study MSc Sport and Exercise Science at Middlesex?
Sport science provides scientific intervention to enhance training and performance, while exercise science has a central role in physical activity programmes aimed at improving general health. Our innovative, engaging and broad-ranging course will help you to strengthen the practical skills required to work with both elite athletes and the general population. Furthermore, it will improve your knowledge and understanding of the theoretical principles underlying the practical application.
Allowing you the chance to study biomechanics and physiology, the real strength of this course is that it keeps your options open. Our highly experienced experts will develop your skills in critical analysis, evaluation, research and writing.
Our facilities are based at Allianz Park Stadium, the home of Saracens Rugby Club. We boast world-class performance laboratories, rehabilitation units and testing facilities. We also have associations, either through partnerships or through our alumni, with Tottenham Hotspur, Lee Valley, the England Rugby Football Union and the English Institute of Sport, allowing you to train alongside the best and build invaluable industry contacts.Course highlights
- Based in London, we are surrounded by the greatest density of top sports clubs and organisations in the UK.
- We believe that our graduates should be high achievers both practically and academically. As a result, we actively encourage students to publish their dissertation through peer-reviewed journals and conferences.
- Our exciting, exclusive work placement opportunities provide the essential experience to aid future employability. We have outstanding employment results year after year.
- The majority of our staff are active sports professionals involved in coaching and sport performance. Able to maintain close links with industry, they can ensure current professional practice informs your studies.
- Small class sizes allow you to receive the personal attention required to thrive in your studies.
- The course is designed in-line with the BASES accreditation process to provide assistance with future accreditation.
- As a student of this course you'll receive a free electronic textbook for every module.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Middlesex Enquiries