We welcome applications from those who have achieved an undergraduate degree (2:2 or above); a degree in sport, sport science or a related science-based subject would be advantageous. Ideally applicants will have one year's relevant experience in the sport and fitness industry. Applicants with the ISSN Diploma may be accredited with the Sport Nutrition Science and Physiology of Exercise and Nutrition modules and advance onto the MSc Sport Exercise Nutrition. Such qualifications should identified during the application.
Months of entry
The performance nutrition industry is booming as recreational competitive sport grows increasingly popular, and there has never been a better time to specialise as a sports nutritionist.
Euromonitor report that the UK sports nutrition industry grew by 16 per cent in 2013 and annual growth of nine per cent is forecast until 2018, with product sales alone expected to reach £471 million.
Why study MSc Sport and Exercise Nutrition at Middlesex
Our masters degree in Sport and Exercise Nutrition was written in consultation with industry-leading experts and employers including the English Institute of Sport (EIS) to maximise the value of the degree to potential employers in elite and professional sport.
- Become eligible to apply for graduate registration with the UK Sports and Exercise Nutrition Register (SENr) and gain certification as a sport nutritionist with the International Society for Sports Nutrition (ISSN)
- Develop your professional skills and practical experience in our cutting-edge sport science labs
- Study the advanced science behind performance nutrition
- Undertake an industry placement as part of your studies, either at your current workplace or somewhere we help you find
- Make the most of our links by working with professional sports teams
- Course Leader Laurent Bannock has more than 20 years' experience working with Premier League football and rugby teams, Olympic athletes, GB Fencing and GB boxing champions.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details