We welcome applications from students that will have attained an undergraduate degree (2:1 or above); a degree in Sport, Sport Science or Health would be advantageous. Applicants with a 2:2 degree may be considered at our discretion. Ideally applications will have 1-2 years relevant experience in the sport and fitness industry
Months of entry
The health and fitness industry has witnessed an explosion in recent years as more and more people realise the importance of exercise. With this comes new challenges for professionals who must consider the wide range of long-term medical conditions which could impact their clients or patients. Our degree is the only masters in the country to focus purely on how to prescribe safe and effective physical activity, exercise and sporting participation to those living with the 18 most common chronic diseases in the UK.
Why study MSc Sport, Exercise and Physical Activity for Special Populations at Middlesex?
- This is the only masters degree in the UK to focus purely on the prescription of safe and effective physical activity across the most common chronic diseases
- Workshops replicate a range of working environments, from fully equipped gyms to clients' own homes
- Learn to understand the underlying pathologies of the most common chronic diseases
- Look in great depth at a specific condition that interests you through an individual research project
- Once you complete the course you will be one of the highest qualified specialist trainers in the health and fitness industry
- You learn using state-of-the-art facilities and equipment, at a university recognised as one of the best in the country for sport and exercise science and rehabilitation
- The course allows you to build a sound foundation of individual research interests which can then be taken to PhD level.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details