Taught course

International Business Law

Institution
Middlesex University · School of Law
Qualifications
LLM

Entry requirements

We believe in the importance of inter-disciplinary study and are keen to ensure diversity of skills among the student cohort. An undergraduate law degree (minimum 2:2) is usually necessary for meeting our entry requirements; however graduates from related disciplines may still apply for an LLM degree if we can be convinced that they possess the skills to study law at a Masters level. Those without a law background would be required to undertake a course entitled 'Introduction to the Law' during induction week. In appropriate cases, we also ask for an IELTS score of 6.5.

Months of entry

October

Course content

In a fast-changing global marketplace, disputes are often resolved by arbitrators before they reach the courts. The need for skilled mediators and informed experts is growing, especially in the digital world, as areas such as trade, intellectual property (IP), copyright, and fraud become more prevalent and intricate. An LLM in this field at Middlesex gives you the learning, experience and network of connections to prosper in this important sector.

Why study International Business Law at Middlesex?

Put simply, it's the right time and the right place. We have assembled a team of globally-respected academics who provide the insight and practical direction you need for a career in International Business Law. As a student, you will benefit from their considerable network of contacts and connections, notably for internship opportunities within international and domestic organisations. You will also have opportunities for internship, shadowing, and even mentorship with an IP barrister.
The School is led by Prof Joshua Castellino, who is part of the Leadership Council of the United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Network (headed by the renowned economist Prof Jeffrey Sachs). You will also learn from Prof Alan Durant (media and IP rights), Dr. Joseph Corkin (accountability and Corporate Social Responsibility), Prof Laurent Pech (EU business law), Dr Irini Katsirea (EU media law and EU single market), Dr Elvira Domínguez Redondo, (international organisations and international dispute resolution), Dr Nadia Bernaz, (ethics, human rights and business), and Mariette Jones (corporate governance and corporate responsibility).
Course highlights:
  • Intellectual Property Clinics are run once a month by a barrister on University premises
  • Around 75% of Middlesex Law graduates find employment within six months of graduating, while the remaining 25% mostly pursue further studies
  • You're close to London's major legal institutions, such as the law courts, the House of Lords and the Inns of Court. Visits to relevant institutions such as the London Court of International Arbitration are organised within modules
  • We have an exchange agreement with Case Western Reserve University in Ohio, which creates an exceptional opportunity to be awarded a double degree combining a degree from a US University with our LLM in a single year.
  • The LLM is open to non-law graduates, provided they take a short 'Introduction to Law' course.
We are known as a university that supports international students.

Qualification and course duration

LLM

part time
24 months
full time
12 months

Course contact details

Name
Enquiries
Email
enquiries@mdx.ac.uk