We normally require a second class honours degree (2:2) or above in an appropriate subject. Candidates with other degrees are welcome to apply provided they can demonstrate appropriate levels of experience. Candidates without formal qualifications need to demonstrate relevant work experience and the ability to study at postgraduate level
Months of entry
The MSc in Media Management is an innovative and dynamic course that focuses on developing your understanding of media businesses and the global environment in which they operate. The course offers a variety of optional modules which are delivered across three Schools within the University: Media and Performing Arts, Business and Law.
Combining theoretical and applied components, the programme will offer you a sound critical understanding of management operations of the contemporary media industries as well as of different areas of media production and work. This course is particularly aimed at people interested in, or working in, management careers in media industries, journalism and news production, as well as public and media relations.
In a highly competitive job market, learning from highly experienced professionals is a competitive asset. Staff at Middlesex have strong links with major media organisations such as the BBC, Channel 4 and MTV and regularly invite senior executives to lecture students. Furthermore, Middlesex has appointed a number of senior media professionals to Professorial posts, directly offering students their wealth of experience.
- Academic staff who are actively engaged in research and current debates
- Success in securing substantial external research funding
- Professors of Professional Practice/Creative Industries with senior media industry experience
- Strong links with major media organisations
- State-of-the-art computer laboratories and brand new digital media facilitie
- Option to apply for Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) Funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Middlesex Enquiries